Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The Loyalist will also share any Personal Information with Sports Verified, as the website is being operated by the Loyalist in cooperation with and on behalf of Sports Verified.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
International Data Transfer
If you are located outside the United States, in particular if you are located in Switzerland, the United Kingdom, or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), please note that we and our servers are located in the United States. Any information that you provide to us may be transferred to and processed in the United States or other countries around the world where we do business. Although this may include recipients of information located in countries where there may be a lower level of legal protection for your Personal Information than in your country, we will protect your information in accordance with requirements applicable to the law in your particular jurisdiction and take steps to only share with third parties that offer similar protection. By using our Service, you unambiguously consent to your information being collected, processed, used, and transferred as disclosed herein.
European Union Data Privacy Rights
If you are located in the EEA, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) grants you certain rights under the law. In particular, the right to access, correct, and delete the Personal Information we hold about you. The Loyalist will retain your Personal Information for the length of time you engage with our services or until you request deletion of such Personal Information.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or delete the Personal Information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your Personal Information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the Personal Information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
In order make a request regarding your Personal Information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a comment, question, or complaint about how we are handling your Personal Information, we hope that you contact us at email@example.com in order to allow us to resolve the matter. In addition, if you are located in the EEA, you may submit a complaint regarding the processing of your Personal Information to the EU data protection authorities (each a “DPA”). The following link may assist you in finding the appropriate DPA: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Legal Basis for Processing under GDPR
If you are located in the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described in this Notice depends on the Personal Information we collect and the specific context in which we collect it.
We may process Personal Information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you;
- You have given us consent to do so;
- The processing is in our legitimate interest to offer the Service, when that legitimate interest is not overridden by your rights;
- To comply with the law.
Where Personal Information is processed based on consent, EU residents have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. To do so, please contact us as described in this Notice. If there is a different legal basis that would permit us to continue processing your Personal Information after withdrawing consent, we will notify you of that legal basis at the time of your request.
California Privacy Rights
Please note that the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) does not apply to Personal Information exchanged in all transactions (for example, CCPA does not apply to many small businesses). While The Loyalist treats the Personal Information of all customers and users of the Service with the same degree of care, you may not be eligible for all the rights described herein if it is determined the law does not apply to the Loyalist. You may also choose to make a request directly to Sports Verified as they also have access to your Personal Information.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with certain rights with regard to your Personal Information under the CCPA. Throughout this Privacy Notice you will find information required by CCPA regarding the categories of Personal Information collected from you; the purposes for which we use Personal Information, and the categories of third parties your data may be shared with. This information is current as of the date of the Notice and is applicable in the 12 months preceding the effective date of the Notice.
As a California resident, the CCPA provides you the ability to make inquiries regarding to your Personal Information. Specifically, the degree to which the information is not already provided in this Privacy Notice, you have the right to request disclosure about the collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of Personal Information collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information collected about you.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom your Personal Information was shared.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
- If your Personal Information was disclosed for a business purpose, the Personal Information categories disclosed and the categories of third parties to which the information was disclosed.
- If your Personal Information was sold in the past 12 months, the Personal Information categories sold and the categories of third parties to which the information was sold. Please note the Loyalist does not sell your Personal Information.
Please note that you may only make the above requests twice in a 12-month period. You also have the right to request that any of your Personal Information collected and retained be deleted, subject to certain exceptions. Finally, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by the Loyalist or any business for exercising any of the rights provided under CCPA.
You may submit a request regarding your rights under CCPA by submitting a request by contacting us at one of the following: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we receive a CCPA request from you, we will first make a determination regarding the applicability of the law, and we will then take steps to verify your identity prior to responding. The steps to verify your identity may vary based on our relationship with you, but, at a minimum, it will take the form of confirming and matching the information submitted in the request with information already held by the Loyalist and/or contacting you through previously used channels to confirm that you submitted the request (i.e. confirming identity through contact information that we have on file, not the contact information submitted to make the request).
Your rights as stated here can also be exercised by an authorized agent on your behalf. The Loyalist will follow the standards set by the Attorney General of California regarding designation of an authorized agent to exercise rights under CCPA. You may review information available through from the Attorney General regarding how an individual can be designated as an authorized agent under CCPA.
In addition to CCPA, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as described here.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com.